If you are looking for the best extenders to enhance your internet speed and remove the dead zones, TP-Link is the best option for you. It comes equipped with the latest technologies and the best features available in the market. Now setting up these devices is also easy, provided you have help from the setup guides. You can choose to do it using the mobile app and control the settings easily.
While completing the setup part might seem a bit difficult, you can begin using the internet after a few easy setup steps. If you face any issues while completing the setup and login process, you can follow the troubleshooting guide as will be discussed further. Once you are done with the setup and installation, seamless internet is just a click away.
Easy Steps for TP Link Extender Setup Via Website
The TP-Link extender setup process will require you to access the extender network using a computer/smartphone. This is important as the setup wizard is based on the local device server. And, unless you are connected to the device, you’ll face issues with accessing the setup wizard. Now, this is when you are looking to set your TP link extender setup website using the web-based setup method or using the smartphone app. If you are looking to approach the process using the WPS feature, you’ll only need to ensure that your main router is WPS compatible. If not, you can only proceed with the manual and app-based setup method.
Setup and Installation of TP Link Extender Using WPS SSID
You can do the installation and configuration of your TP-Link extender with only a few simple steps given below. Check out the steps and follow the instructions to set up a better-performing extender.
- For the first step, make the hardware connection between devices and then proceed to the login process.
- You have to log in to the Phase OS and check the quick setup.
- Then, you have to select the Access Point and then hit the Next
- Go to the LAN settings and then tap on the Next
- To set up the wireless AP, you have to create a new SSID for your network.
- After that, you have to choose WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK for security reasons and create a new password.
- You have to enter the distance between the client and access the distance setting field.
- Now, click on the Finish button to verify the setting.
- For the TP-Link CPE set up as a client device, log in and select the client and click on the Next
- Now, you have to change the IP address to 192.168.0.254 for LAN settings and click on the Next
- For the wireless setting, choose the SSID and connect.
- You have to choose the WPA-PSK from security and then enter the password.
- Complete the tp-link extender setup process by clicking on the Finish button.
Completing the TP-Link extender setup and installation process isn’t as hard as it seems. With the steps provided above, you can do it without any effort. There can be a few issues that you might face while doing the setup and login such as your internet might not work, you being unable to load the login page or your login web address is not working.
Read a Another Guide For How to Setup Netgear Wifi Extender
The Netgear WiFi Range Extender expands your home network by connecting to the existing network and improving the coverage. Netgear users should follow the instructions given below for the setup.
How do I set up my NETGEAR WiFi range extender?
- Plugin the extender and check if the Power LED lights up. Connect your mobile devices, laptop, or desktop to the WiFi network of the extend.
- The default extender WiFi network name (SSID) is NETGEAR_EXT, and the default password is password.
- Open the link myWiFiext.net on the web browser. The Netgear router setup will display.
- Select the option of New Extender Setup. Read and accept the Netgear range extender terms and conditions by clicking on, I agree or Yes.
- Choose the credentials for extender admin. A drop-down menu will appear after you have entered the username and password. You need to choose two security questions from this drop-down to recover the login credentials if you forget them.
- Click on the radio buttons for your network’s 2.4GHz and 5GHz Network Names (SSID). Tap on See More if you are unable to see your networks. Next, choose the SSIDs and passwords for your extender.
- Connect to the extender’s new network under the WiFi settings on the device that you plan to connect to the extender.
- Click on the checkbox at the bottom of the page and click on Continue to complete the setup.
- The steps mentioned above will be fruitful to connect to the Netgear WiFi extender. For the Netgear router setup of EX7300, you can look through the steps given below:
How to configure your NETGEAR Range Extender?
- Plug the extender into the power cord and wait for the LED light to turn green. Now you need to connect your device to the extender using a wired Ethernet.
- Once the connection is established, open a web browser and type the link www.myWiFiext.net or http://192.168.1.250 to display the page for the Netgear extender setup.
- Next, tap the New Extender Setup button and complete the page’s fields, as shown on the screen. Ensure that the Access Point/Extender switch is set to the Extender option.
- Select the WiFi network that you wish to extend and click on the Next button.
Your WiFi network will ask for the password. You can use the existing WiFi network password and then tap on the Next button to continue. Choose a network name (SSID) and password for your extender to continue with the setup.
- With the newly created extender SSID and password, connect your device to the new extender WiFi network. A success message will be displayed if your WiFi has been connected successfully. A registration page will display. You need to complete this registration by following the on-screen instructions. If you do not wish to register, click the Skip Registration option.
- Again, plug the extender into the power cord and wait for the LED light to turn green. Reconnect your system or WiFi device to the newly created extended WiFi network.
- You can test your WiFi signals by browsing a page on a web browser.
- Your NETGEAR Range Extender EX7300 will be setup by following the steps mentioned above in sequence. If your search is for the Netgear router setup for WiFi Extender, you can try the tips mentioned below.
Steps for setting up Netgear WiFi:
You can perform the Netgear extender setup using the WPS Button method. To begin the process, you need to plug the extender into a power socket located near to your broadband wireless router and check if the extender id turned on.
- Now, wait 20 seconds for the booting up of the extender. The Netgear Extender WiFi power light will turn green, and the Too close and Too far red lights will flash together.
- Now press your router’s WPS button. Wait for 2 minutes until the WPS light turns on and stops flashing. The extender is configured with your hub/router, and you are set to find its optimum location.
- Once you have found an optimum place for your Netgear WiFi Extender, you can smoothly browse the internet.
The sequential steps mentioned above will suffice in the How to Setup Wifi extender netgear. Lastly, we shall talk about the setting up procedure for Netgear Range Extender.