There is a wide variety of Damascus Folding Knives that are best suited to specific situations. On the one hand, there are Damascus Folding Knives specialized in the preparation of prey and others that specialize in a specific type of game.
The reason why Damascus Folding Knives are superior to others is based on their level of specialization and the technology and research behind their manufacture. This allows them to serve their purpose more efficiently compared to knives made for general use.
Damascus Fixed or folding knives?
There are advantages and disadvantages to both types of knives. The choice of its mechanism, whether it is folding or fixed, depends a lot on the reason why you need it. Next, we give you the characteristics of each one so that you can decide what is best for you.
Damascus Fixed knives:
- They are resistant to being manufactured in one piece.
- Easy maintenance.
- Greater variety of sizes.
- Greater versatility of use.
- They are heavier than their counterpart.
- They tend to take up more space.
- They require mandatory accessories such as a cover.
Damascus folding knives
- Greater convenience due to its size.
- They are lighter.
- They are comfortable to transport.
- Provides utility by being able to use the collapsible aspect as a pivot.
- They require more maintenance.
- It does not possess the same structural integrity as its counterpart.
- It cannot be used for other functions such as digging or hammering.
Read More: Choosing A Damascus Steel Knife