Being on its path to being a Smart City, Dubai has witnessed various advancements in the field of technology and infrastructure. Supporting this, the UAE government launched the E trader license Dubai, also referred to as the online trading license for expatriates. This initiative by the government has made it easy for foreign entrepreneurs to do business in the UAE from the comfort of their homes. Not only is it cost-effective but also the process to get an e-trader license UAE is quick and straightforward.
If you wish to sell and promote your products or services through social media platforms and websites, you can apply for an E-trader license Dubai. This license will also help you gain the trust of your customers. Through the E-trader license Dubai, the government aims to track online sales happening through social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, or other websites. In this blog, you will learn all there is to know about an E-trader license in UAE, its benefits, registration process and cost. But first, let’s understand what exactly is an e-trader license and how it works?
What is E-Trader License in Dubai and its types?
E-trader license Dubai was launched by the UAE governments for people who wish to execute their business online through various social media platforms in Dubai. It aims to bolster customers’ confidence when they’re shopping online. The announcement of the E-trade license by DED was to identify any fake products being sold on social media platforms like Instagram. Moreover, the license helps regulate the online sales conducted through social media in Dubai.
The government offers two types of e-trader licenses Dubai. Commercial and Professional licenses. The UAE nationals are eligible for both professional and commercial licenses. However, a foreign business person can only get a professional license.
What are The Benefits of an E-Trader License Dubai?
There are several benefits getting an, some of which are listed below:
- The e-trade license Dubai is one of the cheapest business licenses available in Dubai. It only costs you around AED1,070 and an additional AED300, for membership at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce, which is mandatory.
- You have the right to own 100% of your business and there is no need to collaborate with an Emirati national to act as a local sponsor.
- If you are one of those people willing to start afresh, you can apply for an e-trader license Dubai for your new business.
- The online registration process for an e-trader license is pretty quick & easy. You can easily acquire your license in a matter of 3 to 4 working days.
- An e-trader license Dubai makes you eligible to conduct various business activities across Dubai. However, if you want to do business in other emirates or cities in the UAE, then it is mandatory to obtain a trade license in the respective Emirate.
- A DED e-trader license Dubai allows you to opt for up to 10 business activities on one license.
- You can open a corporate bank account without any interruptions and inquiries if you’re an e-trader license holder.
- Furthermore, an e-trader license Dubai boosts consumer confidence in your business and ensures them that you sell genuine quality products and services.
- E-trading license holders have the privilege to take part in various business exhibitions and events conducted in Dubai. They can showcase their products and services as well as grow their professional network.
- You can advertise and promote your products and services digitally through your social media channels.
What are the Steps for an E-Trader License Dubai Registration?
To get an e-trader license UAE, it is important to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1 – Visit the official DED trader website on the internet.
Step 2 – Create a new trader account for yourself on the official DED trader website.
Step 3 – Once you have created an account, register on the portal.
Step 4 – Fill in the necessary details along with the valid social media accounts you will be using to operate your business.
Step 5 – Pay the required one-time registration fee.
Once you have completed the registration and the payment, the DED will share a confirmation mail with you on your registered email ID within a couple of minutes.
Read Also: Steps for Dubai Mainland Company Setup
What are the Conditions to Get an E-Trader License in Dubai?
To get an e-trader license Dubai, you must comply with certain terms and conditions. Moreover, you need to attach the necessary documents with the application form as proof of your address, age, employment details, etc. Following are the terms and conditions:
- You must be located in the UAE.
- You must have a valid Emirates ID.
- The minimum age to apply for an e-trader license is 21.
- It is mandatory to register the trade name of your company with the concerned authorities.
- Attach and submit the proof of trade name approval with the application form.
- Submit your Makani Number as proof of residence.
- Submit valid social media account information.
- Complete the one-time payment within 24 hours of license issuance.
- Don’t forget to renew your license within a month of the expiry date. If you fail to do so, the license will be automatically canceled.
Once your application and documents are approved, the DED will provide you with your e-trader license within 3 to 5 working days.
What is the Cost of an E-Trader License Dubai?
The registration process for an e-trader license in Dubai can cost you around 1070 AED. You must pay an additional fee of AED 300 to the government in case of commercial operations.
What are the Limitations of the E-Trade Dubai License?
The e-trader license Dubai for expats (non-Emirati national and non-GCC national) has some downsides:
- Expats cannot avail a long-term residence visa.
- The expats are not eligible to hire international staff.
- The individual is a sole trader and has to work on their own. They are not allowed to collaborate with friends and family on the same business project.
- You cannot lease a physical office space through an e-trader license in Dubai.
- Foreign business persons are not allowed to sell goods, retail or wholesale. However, Emirati nationals and GCC nationals can sell goods and services through an e-trader license within Dubai.
Seek Professional Help to Get Your E-Trader License in UAE
With low cost, an easy online application process, and an allowance to do business from the comfort of your home, an e-trader license is the best choice for you to conduct online business in the UAE. Although the process to obtain an e-trader license Dubai is very simple, you can always seek help from experienced business consultants to avoid any major errors in paperwork. The business consultants at Shuraa Business Setup can help you with gathering the necessary paperwork and acquire your e-trader license Dubai with ease. All you have to do is get on a call with us and we will look after the rest.
Connect with Shuraa today by calling us on +971 44081900. For chat assistance, send a WhatsApp message on +971 50 777 5554. You can also write to us at [email protected].