Being a mom is the best feeling any woman can be blessed within her life. So she needs to take care of the baby in the best possible way. She needs to breastfeed her baby so that the baby can get all the nutrition that is required for growth. There is no such scientifically proven study that states that a healthy diet increases the breast milk supply. But from earlier times, it has been stated that the women who are breastfeeding the baby must take a healthy diet as it has a direct impact on the baby.
Here is the list of food that is good for both mother and the baby. Let’s have a look at them.
- Fenugreek and fennel: Both these are rich in all the nutrients that will help better the growth of the baby. The fenugreek seeds contain estrogen compounds that are known to enhance breast milk production. Even the fennel seeds can be soaked in water overnight and the morning that glass of water can be taken to have great results on the body. It will increase the volume of fat content in the milk that is good for the baby.
- Green leafy vegetables: All these veggies are a great source of the nutrients like folate, calcium, iron, dietary fiber, and bioactive compounds that are known to enhance the quantity and the quality of breast milk. Doctors recommend taking at least one portion of the green leafy vegetable every day like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc.
- Different types of seeds: Seeds like flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds are good for the health of both baby and other. These are a good source of the nutrients like calcium, fats, and antioxidants compounds that will be great for the breast milk supply. You can take these seeds in any form like put them on the salad, pancakes, waffles, etc anything that you like.
- Whole grains: The grains like oatmeal, barley, and brown rice are a good source of the nutrients like Vitamins, minerals, fats, etc that improves the diet of the mother and help her to stay healthy. Even these are the great source of the energy and to handle a baby requires a lot of energy. So better include them in the diet.
- Different fruits: Whenever the talk comes upon the improvement of the diet, it is very important to include the fruits in it like apricots, watermelons, grapefruits, etc. all these are the greatest source of antioxidants that will help in maintaining the good health of the person. Even these fruits will help the women to maintain the good help of hydration in the body.
- Milk: Even don’t forget to include milk in the diet as it will help the mother to meet up the requirement of calcium in the body. For great results even consume 2 glasses of milk every day.
So these are some of the most important things that every mother should take in their diet. More information about pregnancy, post-pregnancy issues, stuff related to children, etc can be asked on the Mommywize. It is an online platform that is creating a community for women of all age groups and the issues related to them.