Looking for a seamless way to BIS Certificate For Barcode Scanner – CRS Certification, we are glad to inform you that you are at the right place. Click and know, the CRS certification process, benefits, and more
BIS certificate for barcode scanner – a certificate to ensure accuracy.
Barcode scanner reads the unique patterns of parallel bars through the light source and sensors – to ensure more accuracy and to keep track of data rather than maintaining the data manually – considering which, barcodes are being used in shopping malls, stationery shops, grocery stores, what not – because it is making lifestyle easy, as it is eliminating the need to maintain data manually.
Although, getting a BIS certificate for barcode seems like a liability for most manufacturers, yet, its importance can not be underestimated, considering that testing and certification of a barcode scanner is important to ensure accuracy.
Some of the points which makes it essential for a manufacturer to obtain a BIS certificate for barcode scanner –
- Eliminate the possibility of human error
- Seamless to maintain records
- No need to maintain data manually
- Can be used to collect any kind of data manually
- A fast and reliable way to maintain records
- Takes infinity less time to record data
With the need to record data accurately, without any error, that too in less time, barcode scanners are becoming a significant part of our life – from shopping vegetables to clothes, barcode scanners are being used from a medium-sized retail store to large shopping malls.
Since we have established why a barcode scanner needs testing and certification, let’s have a look at, the benefits of BIS certification.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining a BIS Certificate?
As we have talked about it earlier, a BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers/ distributors/ sellers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same –
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Since you are aware of the possible benefits you can avail of from getting a BIS certificate for barcode scanner, let’s move to which BIS certificate is applicable on barcode scanner.
Which BIS Certification Scheme is Applicable on a Barcode Scanner?
BIS certification includes three certification schemes namely –
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each of the certification schemes in brief –
ISI certification scheme ensures that a product complies with the established Indian standards thus, ensuring conformity with standards and safety of the final consumer.
On the other hand, the FMCS certification scheme is applicable to foreign manufacturers to ensure that foreign-manufactured products comply with Indian standards.
Though, it is to be noted that, ISI and FMCS are similar in many respects, one such respect is products under their purview, both certification schemes include products like cattle feed, cement, food products, and more.
Conversely, CRS is applicable on electronically produced products – be it domestically or internationally. Some of the examples of products under CRS purview are mobile phones, electronic products, and more. Although, there might be a possibility that you might need to obtain an EPR too for e-waste management.
Since we know which BIS certificate is applicable on a barcode scanner, let’s move to how to get a BIS certificate for barcode scanner
How to Get a BIS Certificate For Barcode Scanner? | CRS Registration Procedure
- The manufacturer’s profile will be created on the BIS portal.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for a BIS accredited laboratory.
- After TRF generation, the lab will submit the report under the client’s profile on the BIS portal.
- Foreign applicants will duly appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A/B. While Indian applicants must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Format C.
- Furthermore, the online form will be submitted along with the required documents followed by the required fee.
- The certificate will be granted based on testing, not based on the factory visit, consequently, the CRS certificate will be obtained if your product complies with the BIS (CRS) requirements.
Easy, isn’t it?
It might be, if you have complete knowledge of standards applicable on barcode scanner certification requirements to comply with, delivering product samples to India, and more.
This process will be more comprehensive if you are a layman and doing it for the first time, why don’t we make it seamless for you?
JR Compliance – possess the required experience and expertise in meeting the compliance requirements, with that we have completed over 10,000+ BIS certification projects. So, let’s see how we do it!